WooCommerce Google Product Feeds Overview
The Google Product Feed extension allows you to create a real-time feed to supply product information to Google Merchant Center, a prerequisite for setting up Product Ads.
What’s in it for you?
- Choose from an extensive list of supported fields to add to your feed providing the richest possible data to Google
- Easily map existing product data onto Google’s required fields from WooCommerce taxonomies, attributes or product fields
- Capture data required by Google not normally held in WooCommerce using the plugin’s additional data entry fields
- Set up global store-wide defaults or per-category defaults for fields
- Provide product-specific information against products or individual variations if required
- Real-time feed shows the latest information for your products
- Full support for WooCommerce’s importer and REST API for bulk importing data
- Integrates with common WooCommerce extensions
- Extensive documentation covering setup and customization
- Rich set of WordPress filters and actions allowing flexible customization if necessary
Once your products have been imported into Google Merchant Centre they’ll be available to your linked Google Adwords account, giving you the flexibility to set up product ads as you want. Using the full power of Google Adwords – you’re in full control of your ad setup and budgets.
Product data fields
The extension supports 50 feed attributes including all mandatory fields. Simple fields such as link, title, image_link etc are all populated automatically for you. Other fields provide a simple one-click mapping to allow you to map across your product fields onto the feed. You can provide store-level, or category level defaults and the feed will automatically pick the right values to include.
Where you don’t have data, the plugin provides custom fields on your products to allow you to enter richer product data. These fields are all available to the standard WooCommerce CSV import tool, and exposed via the WooCommerce REST API.
Fields currently supported include:
- Core fields: availability, condition, description (short, long or both), ID, image links (including featured images, product gallery images , embedded content images, and support for custom images), link, price, sale price (including effective date), title (including ability to provide custom titles)
- Rich data fields: adult content flag, age group, brand, colour, consumer datasheet, consumer notice, energy efficiency class (including min/max), energy label, gender, google product category, GTIN, material, MPN, pattern, product detail, product highlights, product type, shipping label, size, size system, size type, tax category, transit time label
- Advanced fields: is_bundle, unit pricing measure & base measure, multipack, instalments, identifier exists flag, adwords grouping filter, minimum/maximum handling time, cost of goods sold, included/excluded destination, availability date, promotion ID, and custom labels
- Shopping actions-specific fields: google funded promotion eligibility, product fee, purchase quantity limit, return address label, return policy label, sell on google quantity
- Local-inventory-specific fields: pickup method, pickup SLA
Integrated with other WooCommerce extensions
The extension includes automatic integration with a wide range of WooCommerce extensions, including:
- Product Bundles
- Composite Products
- Product Brands for WooCommerce
- Cost of Goods
- Min/Max Quantities
- Product CSV Import Suite