Weather WordPress Shortcode & Widget Features:
- Easy to use
- Unlimited Color Options
- Custom Date Format
- Use Metric or Imperial Units
- NEW: Customizable update interval
- NEW: For better performance, you can use your own API key from OpenWeatherMap.org
- 7 Days Forecast Options
- Show Day / Night Temperature
- Location / GSP Coordinates
- Multilanguage (dates are automatically translated according to the existing WordPress localization; weather condition available in 17 languages ¹ )
Simple Weather Shortcode and Widget
If you need a simple weather display, with just the temperature and location for today, a very simple shortcode does the trick.
Any other option you want, like night temperature or a number of days to forecast, you can just add it to the shortcode.
If a widget works better for you, the Simple Weather plugin comes also with an easy-to-set-up widget, packing all the options you need.
Weather Shortcode Options
[simple-weather location="London, UK"]
- Location: You can choose the city and the country for the weather display.
- Latitude & Longitude: You can enter coordinates for a location that cannot be found by name. Use decimal coordinates (ex: 43.343 & 12.4543).
- Units: You can use imperial or metric units to display the temperature.
- Days: You can choose the number of days for the forecast. The maximum value is 7.
API Key: You can use your own API Key from OpenWeatherMap.org. This will improve the general performance of our plugin.
Weather Widget Extra Options
- Background Color: Choose the background color of the widget.
- Text Color: Choose the text color of the widget.
- Title: Choose widget title. If no title is entered, it will display the location as the title.
- Location Type: Choose the location type. Location / Coordinates.
¹ Available languages: English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, Russian, Ukrainian, Portuguese, Romanian, Dutch, Polish, Finnish, Turkish, Bulgarian, Swedish, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified