wpDiscuz – Emoticons Addon GPL Overview:
Smiles and emoticons are one of the most used feature in all kind of communities, chats, forums and blogs. It’s an essential solution if you want to display your emotion in a text . Unfortunately WordPress emoticons are not so impressive and we were getting lots of request to create a new set/package of emoticons for wpDiscuz comment plugin. And now it’s here! wpDiscuz Emoticons Addon brings an ocean of emotions to your website comments. It comes with an awesome and unique smile package. And we’ll add more nice packages in future releases.
wpDiscuz Emoticons Features
- Comes with an awesome unique smiles package.
- Converts all smile codes to according smile image in comment content.
- Adds smile icon-button in comment textarea bottom toolbar. It opens smile chooser and inserts smile code in comment text.
- Allows to add custom emoticons with custom code and image.
- Allows to create custom emoticons package and switch between those packages.
- You can enable / disable each emoticon separately.
- It may also work with post content. There is an option to enable smile converter for post content.
- bbPress support. Automatically replace bbPress post emoticons to wpDiscuz Emoticons. Adds Emoticon selector in topic/post editor.
- Option to manage Emoticon selector background and border colors.
Installation and Configuration
- This addon installs like any other plugin for WordPress.
Access to wpDiscuz Emoticons is provided immediately after you’ve paid for your order. Upon completing registration/checkout, you may log in at gVectors.com. We will also send you an email after registration/checkout, with a link to the login page. Then download the installation package.
- Unzip, and then upload the /wpdiscuz-emoticons/ folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory using an FTP application like FileZilla; or any other FTP program is fine also. Make sure you have not double /wpdiscuz-emoticons/wpdiscuz-emoticons/ directories nested inside each other, please correct this before you continue.
- In WordPress, go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins, and then activate the wpDiscuz Emoticons addon.
Once the plugin is active, go to WordPress Dashboard > Comments > wpDiscuz Settings > Addons Tab > Emoticons subTab to begin configuration.
- It’ll ask you to activate with license key you got via email or in your account page, just insert the key and activate it.